myGengo announced to raise 50 million yen from 10 angel investors here and abroad. myGengo is a translation platform which matches over 1000 of multi-national translators registered on the site and clients. The price is divided into 3 layers depending on level of translators. In April, the Tokyo-based company launched an API allowing customers to introduce the human translation service into their own web sites.
Following investors and others collectively take 15% of the company's share.
- Felix Miller (Last.fm founder)
- Dave McClure (Silicon Valley based angel investor. He invests through his operating fund, 500 Startups)
- Christoph Janz (DealPilot and PageFlakes founder)
- Brian Nelson (ValueCommerce CEO)
- Benjamin Joffe (Plus 8 Star founder)
- Joshua Schachter (Delicious founder)