On January 11, COO Moriyasu Isao of Japanese mobile gaming platform DeNA said in an interview that his company will bring its game and application platform to China in late February in its first foray into the China market. 20 to 30 Chinese developers have already signed partnership agreements with DeNA.
Wang Yong, the CEO of DeNA China and former CEO of TX.com.cn, said on the same day that the new game and application platform would be operated entirely by DeNA China, which was created following DeNA's acquisition of a controlling stake in TX.com.cn in August 2009 and subsequent change of the site's name to DeNA China.
Wang revealed that Chinese game developers would be able to put their games on DeNA's game and applications platform for paid download by customers around the world. DeNA will take a 30% cut of download revenues; the remaining 70% will go to the Chinese developers.
- DeNA announced an alliance with Samsung and ngmoco integration last month. It accelerates global expansion.